The Center for Surrogacy & Egg Donation (CSED) is proud to offer our Surrogates some of the highest compensation available in the country. Evaluating surrogacy agencies can be stressful and confusing. Some surrogacy agencies aren’t clear about what your pay will ultimately be, or whether certain payments and benefits are in addition to, or deducted from your base fee.
At CSED, we believe:
- Surrogates from all surrogate-friendly states should be entitled to the same compensation for providing the same service as surrogates in “high-demand” states
- Surrogates should have input in determining their compensation and benefits
- Surrogates should be compensated for the time and effort they spend on the process prior to becoming pregnant
What is my base fee and how is it calculated?
Your base fee is the amount that you will receive for completing a surrogate pregnancy before any other additional compensations are added. You may use the calculator above to see what base fee you will receive.
Base fees for first time surrogates at the Center for Surrogacy & Egg Donation are $47,000 or $52,000. If you have an approved health insurance policy*, your base fee will be $52,000. If we need to purchase health insurance to cover the surrogate pregnancy, your base fee will be $47,000.
Keep in mind that this is only your Base Fee, and you will also receive additional benefits as outlined below (in addition to having all medical, travel and other expenses paid).
When will I receive my Base Fee?
Your total Base Fee consists of both pre-pregnancy and post confirmation of pregnancy payments.
- $1,500 when you successfully complete medical screening and are approved by the IVF clinic
- $300 monthly allowance starting when you sign the Gestational
Carrier Agreement, typically resulting in a total pre-pregnancy payment
(which is in addition to your base fee)
- $500 when you start IVF medications
- $2,000 when you complete the embryo transfer
Total Pre-pregnancy payments of $4,600
Post Confirmation of Pregnancy Payments
- $1,000 when pregnancy is confirmed by a visible heartbeat via ultrasound
- The remaining balance of your Base Fee ($47,000 if you have an approved health insurance policy and $42,000 if you do not) will be divided into 8 equal monthly payments over the next 8 months of your pregnancy
What additional benefits will I receive?
As a surrogate with the Center for Surrogacy & Egg Donation, you will also receive Additional Compensation that is added to your Base Fee and consists of
- $300 monthly allowance which begins when you sign the Gestational Carrier Agreement with the Intended Parents (typically 11 monthly allowance payments for a total of $3,300). This monthly allowance is to cover local travel and other incidental expenses
- $500- $1,000 maternity clothing allowance to purchase maternity clothes for the surrogate pregnancy
- $100 a week in household support for the last 4 weeks of pregnancy (for a total of $400)
What other compensation could I receive?
Potential Additional Compensation and Reimbursements are based on the events of your surrogate pregnancy and are in addition to your Base Fee and the Additional Benefits listed above. You will be able to tailor your benefits package within the ranges below to what you believe is fair.
Depending on your pregnancy, Potential Additional Compensation could include the following:
|Twin Pregnancy:||$3,000 - $8,000|
|C-Section:||$1,500 - $3,000|
|Invasive procedure (Amnio, CVS, D&C etc.):||$500 - $1,000|
|Termination or Selective Reduction:||$1,500 - $3,000|
|Reimbursement for lost wages:||Actual Expense|
|Reimbursement for partner’s lost wages:||Actual Expense|
|Reimbursement for childcare expenses:||Actual Expense|
|Reimbursement for housekeeping when on Bedrest:||$100 per week|
WIll I also be compensated for travel and other expenses?
Yes! Any travel needed to get to and from the IVF Clinic for the screening appointment and embryo transfer will be paid for by the Intended Parents. This can include airfare, train fare, mileage reimbursement, transportation costs to and from the airport and hotel accommodations. You will also receive a stipend to cover meals while traveling.
Apply to be a